Edmontosaurus was a large hadrosaur (aka “duck-billed dinosaur”). It lived in the late Cretaceous Period alongside Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus Rex. It is one of the few dinosaur genera to provide many preserved examples of soft tissue (skin). One recent specimen even showcased a soft “crest” on its head, like the comb of a rooster.
- Scientific Name: Edmontosaurus (“Edmonton [capital city of Alberta, Canada] Lizard”)
- Characteristics: This hand-painted duck-billed dinosaur figure is sculpted with accuracy based on the latest scientific discoveries, right down to the rooster-like comb on its head.
- Size and Color: This Edmontosaurus, while not as big as the real thing, is still quite large at just about 10 ½ inches in length. It stands just under 4 inches tall at the highest point on its back. It’s about the size of a standard piece of paper cut in half length-wise. The figure is brown above, with peach-orange on its sides fading to cream-colored below. Its hide features brown spots while its face and tail are striped. The distinctive comb atop its head is deep red.
- The Edmontosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
|Dimensions||10 x 4 x 4 in|
CollectA / Procon, CollectA / Procon Deluxe Dinosaurs, Dinosaur Collections$25.95